When Do Australian Open Tickets Go on Sale 2017?
The Australian Open is one of the most prestigious tennis tournaments in the world, drawing thousands of spectators from around the globe. As tennis fans eagerly anticipate the 2017 tournament, many are wondering when Australian Open tickets will go on sale. In this article, we will explore the sale dates for Australian Open tickets and provide answers to some frequently asked questions.
Ticket Sale Dates:
The Australian Open is scheduled to take place from January 16 to January 29, 2017. The ticket sale dates for the tournament are as follows:
1. Australian Open Members’ Pre-sale: From 9 am AEST on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, to 5 pm AEST on Friday, October 7, 2016.
2. Ground Passes: On sale from 12 pm AEST on Monday, October 10, 2016.
3. Rod Laver Arena Single Session Tickets: On sale from 12 pm AEST on Wednesday, October 12, 2016.
4. Margaret Court Arena, Hisense Arena, and Outside Courts Single Session Tickets: On sale from 12 pm AEST on Thursday, October 20, 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How can I purchase Australian Open tickets?
Tickets can be purchased online through the official Australian Open website or through authorized ticketing partners.
2. Can I purchase tickets in person?
Yes, tickets can be purchased in person at the Australian Open Box Office located at Melbourne Park.
3. Are there any ticket limits per person?
Yes, there are ticket limits in place to ensure fair distribution. The specific limits are mentioned during the ticket purchasing process.
4. Are there any discounted tickets available for children or seniors?
Yes, discounted tickets are available for children aged 3-14 and seniors aged 65 and above. Identification may be required to avail the discount.
5. Are there ticket options for a single day or the entire tournament?
Yes, you can purchase single session tickets for specific days or opt for a ground pass that grants access to outside courts.
6. Can I choose specific seats when purchasing tickets?
Yes, you can select your preferred seating category during the ticket purchasing process. However, specific seat allocation may not be possible.
7. Can I resell my tickets if I am unable to attend?
Yes, the Australian Open has an official ticket resale platform where you can sell your tickets to other tennis enthusiasts.
8. Can I purchase tickets for multiple sessions in one transaction?
Yes, you can purchase tickets for multiple sessions in one transaction through the official Australian Open website.
9. Are there any restrictions on what I can bring to the Australian Open?
Yes, there are restrictions on items such as large bags, professional camera equipment, and alcohol. Refer to the official Australian Open website for a complete list of prohibited items.
10. Is there a ticket refund policy?
No, tickets are non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances outlined in the Australian Consumer Law.
11. Can I upgrade my ground pass to a Rod Laver Arena ticket?
Yes, if tickets are available, you can upgrade your ground pass to a Rod Laver Arena ticket at the Australian Open Box Office.
12. Can I purchase tickets for the Australian Open after the sale dates?
Yes, tickets may still be available for purchase after the initial sale dates, depending on availability.
In summary, Australian Open tickets for the 2017 tournament will go on sale starting from October 4, 2016. Tennis enthusiasts can purchase tickets online, in person, or through authorized ticketing partners. It is important to adhere to the ticket limits, check the official website for any updates, and be aware of the restrictions and policies surrounding ticket purchases. Don’t miss your chance to witness the excitement and talent of the Australian Open!